The Skinny on Open Registration
The hard work is done, and the individual WZA Challenge is over. Now what?
After three weeks of challenging workouts via the Wodapalooza Online Qualifier, the scores are in and videos submitted. If you're wondering what's next, you're not alone. If you didn't quite make the cut, here's the lowdown on how to earn yourself a spot via the "Open Registration."
First off, if you're not quite sure if you made the cut, you can check here: WZA Challenge Divisions & Numbers
If you did qualify for your respective division, congratulations. On Friday, the 14th, you'll receive an email with clear instructions, a link, and code to register for your respective division.
Back to the topic of conversation, Open Registration to compete at Wodapalooza Miami.
This is being done on a first come, first serve basis for the limited spots available, to only eligible athletes. Read below some important points.
Who's Eligible for Open Registration?
- Individuals that competed in the Online Challenge in the Intermediate, the Master's 45-49 & 50+, but didn't qualify. They are eligible for Scaled.
- All athletes in the Youth 13-15, 10-12, Adaptive Seated Scaled, and Adaptive Standing Scaled, regardless of placing are eligible for Open Registration in that respective divisions.
- Of the folks above, athletes are ONLY ELIGIBLE if they submitted ALL scores and submitted the required videos.
How Does It Work?
- First, confirm your scores and required videos are submitted (WOD 2 & 5 for adaptive, and WOD 6 & 7 for the rest.) If not, you are not able to register.
- Next, on the evening of Monday, October 17th, you'll receive the required link, code, and instructions. You cannot register at this time- the link you've received will not work.
- Finally, on October 18th, at 8PM ET, registration opens. Using the link, and code you received the day prior, log-in, and sign-up.
- Spots are going to fill up within seconds, if not minutes, so be by your computer at 8PM ET on the dot.
- Your finish & standing DOES not dictate your ability to earn an Open Registration spot. It is literally first come, first serve.
- If you aren't able to solidify a spot, tackle the Team Challenge, starting October 24th. Sign up now!